Civil Partnerships

Same-sex couples can obtain legal recognition for their relationship by entering into a Civil Partnership.

The partnership recognises the parties’ commitment to each other and creates legal rights and obligations between them, similar to those granted to married couples.

Hethertons’ team of expert family lawyers can help you create and register your Civil Partnership.

In the unfortunate instance that the relationship should break down, we can help you dissolve the partnership by a court application, and make financial claims against your partner, whether for maintenance, or for a share of capital, property or pensions.

For further information please contact Simon Nellar on 01904 528383 or email

The Team

Related Services


Contact us

Complete the below form and a member of our team will get back to you

If you would like to see full details of our data practices please visit our Privacy Policy and if you have any questions please email