Department: Residential Conveyancing
Location: Boroughbridge Office
Experience: Minimum of 2 years as Legal Secretary/Conveyancing Assistant
At Hethertons our values are at the heart of everything we do. Our people being our best asset and key to the company’s success. A supportive culture with excellent training and development opportunities encourage our people to be the best they can. The teams work collaboratively across all functions to exceed the client expectations.
Founded in 1948 the company works with many SME’s and individuals within the area. We are committed to supporting local community projects and events.
If you share our values and would like to build a career in a friendly fast paced business where what you do makes a difference, we would like to talk to you.
To provide administration assistance in our thriving Residential Conveyancing team. You will be involved in all conveyancing duties up to and following completion, supporting and partnering with our residential solicitors.
This is a full-time position and is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has previously worked within a residential conveyancing department who has excellent communication and organisation skills to join our friendly, well respected developing law firm.
- Opening, updating and closing matter files and recording client data
- Preparing quotes and initial paperwork
- Dealing with identification documents, and understanding AML procedures
- Ordering office copies and other HMRC documents, local authority searches
- Typing and preparing correspondence, documents, and forms
- Liaising with estate agents and third parties either by phone, email or written correspondence
- Updating clients with efficiency and politeness throughout the process
- Preparing contract efficiency packs
- Ordering redemption statements
- Exchanging contracts and organising completions
- Preparing bills and the financial documentation
- Post completion working, including preparation of Stamp Duty Land Tax Returns, drafting applications to the Land Registry, deeds schedules, etc
- Ensuring compliance with quality standards and company policies/procedures
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Previous experience of working in a busy Residential Conveyancing Department is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Effectively handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Ability to effectively prioritise and excellent organisation skills
- Previous experience of dealing with financial information
- In-depth working knowledge of MS Office
- Previous experience of Case Management System
More specific details will be provided to specific candidates upon submission of their CV details.
All queries and applications to be directed to Rachel Bolderow on 01904 528200 or email@example.com